This post is sponsored by ICON Closet. As always all opinions are mine.
It’s wedding season! Temperatures are raising, summer is in full effect and so are wedding season. With lots of wedding events coming up this summer, it can be hard to find that perfect wedding guest dress for the occasion. I will be sharing some of my favorites wedding guest dresses for different occasion and themes. This dress will definitely make you stand out as one of the best dressed guest at yourTemperatures are raising, summer is in full effect and so are wedding season. next wedding. The color is vibrant and the sleeve detail is amazing. It also comes in purple and it will be great for indoor or outdoor formal occasion. For this occasion, I paired it with a blue Manolo Blahnik pumps which adds a form of contrast to the yellow dress making for a fun guest look. For summer weddings, I love bright, floral, midi and maxi, breezy dresses depending on the location, time and destination.
5 Tips for picking a summer dress for wedding
- Be aware of the theme. Check the invite for dress code. If no dress code, take a cue from the invitation card. The fancier the invite, the more dresser the wedding occasion.
- Color: Step up your summer wedding guest looks in bold colors. Think yellow! It can be pale yellow, mustard yellow like this dress. The color yellow is a trending color this season and it will definitely make you stand out at your next event.
- Length: Depending to the location of the wedding and dress code, think about the length of your dress. For a formal black tie event, I often go with maxi gown. For a garden or semi formal event, you can go with either midi or maxi dresses.
- Comfort: As much as you want to be stylish and on theme for the wedding, it is equally important to be comfortable. Some wedding can last for a long time. For me, Nigeria weddings are big celebrations that go on for hours and you need a comfortable dress and shoes.
- Fabric: Choose dresses made from breathable fabrics. Think silks, linens, and natural fiber fabrics.