While in quarantine, if you find yourself in need of a ‘pick me up’ activity to do, indulge yourself with these great tv shows and movies right now. Self distancing and quarantine during this pandemic has a lot of people struggling on how to stay busy or entertained. With a lot going on in the world right now, it is easy to find yourself confused and stressed. If you find yourself in this situation or need something to entertain you and your family, check out the list of tv shows and movies to watch now. These shows can keep your mind distracted while being entertained.
It has been 3 weeks into quarantine. How’s everyone doing? What are you guys doing to stay entertained and busy? Honestly, these past few days haven’t been the easiest between juggling working from home with “9 to 5” and blogging plus attempting to homeschool. Everything feels strange and uncertain. One of the things helping me stay calm during this lockdown and keeping me distracted is by watching tv shows and movies. If you’re searching for entertaining shows or movies to watch, check out my list below.
Here Are Loungewear To Wear And Watch
TV Shows And Movies To Watch Right Now
- Self-Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker
- Love Is Blind: If you haven’t seen this, what are you waiting for?!! The is by far the best love experiment right now. It’s about finding love without any outside distractions. You talk and date someone through a “pod” without getting to meet them until you get engaged.
- Working mom: I just started this show and as a mom this is hilarious because it’s almost like seeing a part of your life in a show. It shows the struggle and balance of a working mom.
- The Letdown: great for mamas too
- Crown: I believe I became royal obsessed since Prince Harry and Megan. I absolutely love them. I’ve never been a crazy fan girl, but for these two, I am CRAZY! Megan is my sister in my head. All my friends know about it. Because of them, I got into watching the Crown. It breaks down the history of the royals.
- Merry Men: This is a Nigerian movie. I love the storyline and the fact that it’s straight to the point.
- Raising Dion
- Queen Sono
- Queen Sugar: I have watch a bit of this and I’m hooked
- Handmaid’s Tale
- Little Fires Everywhere: I have so many great things about this show. It features Reese Weatherspoon
- High Fidelity
- *Tiger King
- 10 Things I Hate About You
- No Strings Attached
- What Men Want
- Green leaf: I got into this movie from following former Destiny’s Child LaToya Luckett. The cast is amazing and the storyline is juicy!! I am still in the beginning stages.
- Gilmore Girls: This is an OG show! I used to watch this back in high school. Started watching again and every now and then I will binge watch it. Love the mother and daughter duo.
- Blackish: love the family dynamics of this show and Tracee Ellis Ross and her style is EVERYTHING!!!
- Gossip Girl: Even though this show is over and done. I still watch it occasionally. The story line is amazing. When it was still going on, everyone and their mama watched this. It’s a great fashion inspirational show.
- 90 Days Fiance: this show is hilarious and unbelievable at the same time. My favorite couple to watch is Michael and Angela. With the current season, I find Ahmed and Lisa quite interesting as well.
- Real Housewives of Atlanta, Orange County, Potomac and New Jersey.
- Ghosted: This show is about a friend cutting of communication aka ghosting another without any notification or reason.
Comedies to watch
- 10 Things I Hate About You
- The Nutty Professor
- Meet The Parents
Fashion related shows and documentaries
- September Issue
- Devil Wear Prada
- Celebration About YSL on Netflix
- Diane Vreeland: The Eye has to Travel on Netflix
- She Did That on Netflix
- Valentino the Last Emperor
- The Gospel According To Andre on Hulu
Shows And Movies To Watch Together as a family
I know screen time is a huge deal for some families, but during this time, we can be a little lenient. You might have a strong opinion against screen time or not; but there’s no need to shame each other. Here are fun and educational shows to watch with the kids.
- Frozen 2
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood on PBS kids
- Elephant on Disney plus narrated by Megan, Duchess of Sussex
- Finding Nemo
- Lion King