birthday each year, I reflect on how far I have come and my future plans while
giving Glory to God. I often get emotional knowing how much God has been
faithful to me i.e. from the little girl in Nigeria to being a wife and a mom.
The road to
thirty has been a journey to the horizon and I am proud of how things turned
I wish to
share 30 life lessons I have learnt. Please share your thoughts and for my
readers above thirty, what advice would you give for the BIG 30 and going
1. Give thanks to God
always – as long as there is life, there is hope and with God, all things
2. Time is precious and the only guaranteed
time is the present… choose you actions wisely
3. Surround yourself with like-minded
people…show me your friends and I can tell you who you are.
4. Family is everything.
5. Go the extra mile
6. Stay true to yourself…if it doesn’t
make you feel good, stay away
7. Build your legacy, not just your
empire…Every great thing takes time, patience and persistence.
8. Trustthat when the answer is no, there is a
better yes coming.
9. Don’t let success make you proud and
don’t let failure make you weak.
10. Don’t feel bad about saying “no”
to activities, obligations and people that don’t add genuine value to your life.
11. Success is built on action. Work
as hard as you can and have a good mind set.
12. Learn to be a good listener.
13. Show up for your friends. Your
presence matters more than you might know.
14. Seek out mentors for all aspects of
15. Life is easier when you imagine
an apology you may never receive.
16. Do not hold grudges…the only
person you are hurting is yourself. Forgiveness is power.
17. Friendship requires constant
energy, effort and time.
18. When someone shows you who they are,
19. Don’t let people’s opinion define
20. The only person you are
destined to become is the person you decide to be
21. Learn to let goif it doesn’t serve you
22. You don’t need everyone to like
you…every friendship is not the same, so don’t expect everyone to love you the
23. Happiness comes from within
24. You can count your closest
friends one hand or less
25. Make time for yourself
26. Friendly people are not
necessary your friends…be careful how much you open up to people
27. “No one can make you feel
inferior without your consent”- Eleanor Roosevelt
28. Surround yourself with
29. It is ok to change
30. Never give up…some things might take
Photographed by Kseniapro