As the summer heat starts to sizzle, many of us may be tempted to stash away our beloved jeans and opt for lighter options. However, jeans can be incredibly versatile and stylish even during the year’s hottest months. With a few clever styling tricks and the right choice of denim, you can rock your favorite jeans while staying cool and chic. This post will guide you through some creative ways on how to wear jeans in the summer, ensuring you look and feel fabulous.
How to Wear Jeans In The Summer
- Embrace Lighter Fabrics: When it comes to summer denim, it’s essential to choose lighter-weight materials. Look for jeans made of lightweight denim, chambray, or even linen blends. These fabrics offer breathability and prevent you from feeling weighed down. Opt for relaxed fits, such as wide-leg or straight-leg styles, to allow air circulation and keep you comfortable throughout the day.
- Opt for Cropped Styles: Cropped jeans are a go-to option for summer as they allow your ankles to breathe and offer a fresh, contemporary look. Pair them with strappy sandals, wedges, or sneakers for an effortless, casual vibe. Experiment with different cuts like wide-legged, flared, or straight crops to add variety to your summer wardrobe.
- Incorporate Pastels and Light Washes: Summer is the perfect time to embrace lighter shades of denim. Pastel hues, such as blush pink, baby blue, or mint green, instantly add a touch of femininity and freshness to your outfit. Light-wash jeans like white jeans are a must this summer and are also great for creating a relaxed and beachy vibe. Pair them with a breezy white blouse, or white tee or scarf in a bandeau style for a summer-ready ensemble.
- Double Denim Done Right: Don’t shy away from double denim this summer aka Canadian tux! Wearing denim on denim can create a trendy and effortlessly cool look. However, to nail this style, make sure to choose different shades or washes of denim for contrast. Pair a light-wash chambray shirt with medium or dark-wash jeans for a balanced and visually appealing outfit. Complete the look with minimal accessories and neutral footwear.
- Dress Up with Statement Tops: Elevate your summer denim outfits by incorporating eye-catching statement tops like my Marrisa Wilson top. Off-the-shoulder blouses, flowy bohemian tunics, or structured blazers can instantly transform a simple pair of jeans into a fashionable ensemble. Play with textures, prints, and bold colors to create an outfit that reflects your personal style.
- Experiment with Denim Shorts and Skirts: Swapping your jeans for denim shorts or skirts is a fantastic option when the temperatures rise. Opt for high-waisted shorts for a flattering silhouette or try a denim skirt in an A-line or pencil style for a more polished look. Pair them with a lightweight, tank, or crop top for a cool and casual summer ensemble.
- Pair with Blazer: Whether you are styling your jeans with a fitted or oversized blazer, blazer and jeans are the timeless mix that can transcend beyond summer. I am a huge fan of pairing my jeans with an oversized blazer all season long. Styling jeans with a blazer, you can change up your layered top depending on the season.
- Accessorize Wisely: To enhance your summer denim outfits, choose accessories that complement the casual and carefree vibe of the season. Add a straw hat, oversized sunglasses, a statement belt, or a trendy tote bag to elevate your look. Opt for delicate jewelry or chunky pieces to add personality and flair to your outfits.
Don’t let the summer heat deter you from wearing your favorite jeans. With these styling tips and ideas, you can effortlessly incorporate denim into your summer wardrobe while staying cool and stylish. Embrace lighter fabrics, experiment with pastel hues and light washes, and play with different styles, such as cropped jeans, denim shorts, or skirts. Remember to accessorize wisely to add the perfect finishing touch to your summer denim outfits. Hope these tips on how to wear jeans in the summer were helpful. Stay confident, be creative, and rock your jeans with style all summer long!