Trying to figure out how to wear a midi dress in the fall? Don’t pack up your dresses yet. Dresses like midi dresses are great fall transition pieces and can be worn daytime or nighttime this season depending on how you style them. You can still wear and style them for fall and winter. This Derek Lam multi-print dress is easy to slip on. Love the flutter sleeves details and it has become one of my favorite dresses to wear now. It is one of those dresses you can wear any season. Whether you are thinking of wearing a dress to work or going out this fall and winter, but not sure how to or what to pair it with, here are some tips on how to wear a midi dress for fall and winter. Below, you will find a few midi and maxi dresses that you can wear this fall and winter.
Simple Tips on How to Wear a Midi dress For Fall
- Pair with boots preferably knee-high boots or over-the-knee boots.
- An alternative to knee-high boots is pairing your dress with ankle boots with or without tights.
- Layer your favorite wool coats, leather jacket, denim jacket or trench coat.
- Layer a sweater over your midi dress. Depending on the style of your dress or sleeve details, you can get away with layering a chunky sweater to stay warm.
- Another cozy piece to style with dresses this fall is cardigan. I love layering my dresses with long cardigans.
When it comes to wearing and styling pieces in fall and/or winter, it is all about finding a balance with layering. Find a tasteful balance and make it easier to wear transitional pieces.