You might have noticed the influx of maxi skirts around you by now. Maxi skirts are one of the biggest trends going on right now from prints, and solid colors to denim maxi skirts. Not only are maxi skirts on trend right now, but it is also one of those must-have pieces in your wardrobe if you ask me. Maxi skirts never get old. I’ve always been a fan of maxi skirts as seen here. Maxi skirts can be styled and worn in many different ways and for many different occasions – from formal events to casual occasions. If you are wondering how to style maxi skirt trends now. Below, I will be sharing simple ways how to wear it.
Wearing: Hanifa skirt
Tips on How to Style Maxi Skirt Trends Now
- Pair it with a crop hence playing with the proportions of the look. If you don’t want to show a lot of skin, pair your crop top with a high-waisted maxi skirt.
- Pair your maxi skirt with a button-down shirt. I am a huge fan of white button-down shirts. This look will be appropriate for a formal work environment. In the past, I have paired a pleated maxi skirt with a button-down shirt.
- You can also keep it simple with a white tee or graphic tee paired with flats or sneakers. This gives you a more casual feel.
- Pair your denim maxi skirt with a denim/chambray shirt. Denim on denim is another trend to look out for this year.
- Go for a monochromatic look. I recently paired this black maxi skirt with a black turtleneck and knee-high boots.
- Low-rise maxi skirt like this Frankie Shop Pencil skirt paired with long sleeve sheer top is also great way to upgrade your maxi skirt trend
- Add a skinny belt. Skinny belts can add a flare to your maxi skirt style.
For me, versatility is the maxi skirt’s main draw factor. Maxis can be worn for different occasions, from formal to casual, and from the office desk to dinner date. For the office, I’ll wear a black maxi with a button-down shirt tucked in and simple gold jewelry, plus heels, sandals, or boots. If I’ve got a business meeting or presentation, I will throw on a tailored blazer, which I can wear for cocktails and dinners in the evening.