Is Orange the new black? More often, I have been seeing a lot of orange color tones styles. Orange might not be the easiest color to wear for many people because it’s bold, bright and overpowering. On the other hand, the color is rich and goes well with so many different skin tones which makes it one of my favorite colors to wear. Orange comes well with so many different colors and it works for different seasons. The richness and versatility of the color makes me love it even more.
How versatile is the color orange? Just like black, you can wear the color orange with so many different color combinations. First find the orange shade that works with your skin tone. The different shades of the color makes it easier and fun to mix and match.
After you find the shade that works for you then you can have fun mixing and matching it in many ways. There are so many different ways to style the color orange and for different occasions.Check out my Youtube video for more ways to style orange. Here are 5 ways to combine the color orange:
How To Wear The Color Orange
- Monochromatic: you can wear a head to toe orange look as seen in today’s look and here. When I wear orange head to toe, I often like to break it up with neutral shoes and accessories.
- Orange with Pink: In my new YouTube video here, I shared different ways to style Orange with pink and other colors. In my coming posts, I will share more of the pictures from the video on the blog.
- Orange with neutral colors: If you want to wear the color orange but don’t want it to be overpowering, you can add neutral pieces and accessories. For example: you can pair orange bottoms with beige, white or ecru tops and shoes. Here is how I styled it with white.
- Orange with Cobalt Blue: Pairing orange with cobalt blue has a way of highlighting both colors while still making both standout. When pairing both orange and cobalt blue colors, add neutral pieces to tie both colors together.
- Orange with black: For a more subtle approach with orange, you can pair it with black. See how I style it here.
What’s that color you have been wanting to pair with your orange pieces? For me, the vibrant shade of orange has been one of my favorite colors to wear paired with bold pink/fuschia. In today’s post, I am wearing this Wayf cropped top and midi skirt paired with neutral mules.
SHOP MY LOOK