Getting your baby to fall asleep easily or quickly at night is not always easy. Trust me, you don’t want to be fighting with a crying baby before bedtime. That’s why a bedtime routine for Nova is important. For me, I am either met with crying or fussy baby. That’s why I implemented a consistent bedtime routine for her from when she was a few weeks old. Having a consistent routine, have made bedtime a lot calmer. I have found that establishing a routine an hour before bed makes her sleep better and also easier for me as well. Now, bedtime routine in our house is exciting.
Here are bedtime routines that work for us:
- Bath time: Soothing bath time includes a warm bath around 6pm using this Parent’s Choice Calming Night-time baby bath, which is a brand from Walmart along with a moisturizing creme. Bath time is very calming for Nova. She loves splashing in warm water. I typical let her play and splash for a few minutes before using this rise cup. It is very convenient and makes bath time a lot fun.
- Clean diaper: I always make sure she has a clean and fresh diaper. Parent’s Choice has a great hypoallergenic/fragrance free diapers and this Parent’s Choice wipes is one if the items on our constant rotation. wipes. It’s fragrance free and suitable for sensitive skin.
- Bedtime story: Nova loves bedtime story time with Nolan. She has been enjoying flipping through this Bright Baby’s First 100 Words and enjoys Goodnight Moon.
- Warm milk or breastfeeding: Few minutes before putting her to sleep, I give her a warm milk or breastfeed her to sooth her to sleep
- Dark room: Dark room helps put her in sleep mode. Who wouldn’t want a quiet and dark space?!
- White Noise and lullaby: Rumbling white noise help sooth her to sleep
It is not only important to have a bedtime routine; but also to be consistent with your routine and schedule. Our nightly routine will not be complete without consistent, short and simple routine and of course this plush blanket and other great deal of baby products from Walmart that we consistently use including Parent’s Choice brand products.
This post is in partnership with Walmart. As always, all opinions and selections are mine.