Now that we are fully into the summer season, it is time to start updating your wardrobe with summer basics. Have you ever wondered what basic items you need in your closet for summer? With each season, we often search for new pieces to add to our wardrobe. As much as we want to add the latest trend and pieces each season, it is imperative to add the basics. This summer, before you jump ahead to stock up on your favorite trendy pieces, check out these summer basics under $100 that are worth adding to your wardrobe.
Add These Summer Basics Under $100
- Denim Shorts: When you find a great pair of denim shorts, you will want to live in them always. Couple weeks ago, I add this Abercombie and Fitch denim shorts and I cannot get enough of it. I love this fit and the distressed style. Another denim shorts style I plan to add to my wardrobe is a slightly longer version like this pair or this Bermuda length pair.
- Stripe tops: Stripes are one of those summer basics and essential everyone should have. It can be dressed up and down. It can be paired with denim shorts, skirts or pants casually or incorporated to you summer work style. Love this short sleeve pair and long sleeve pair.
- Denim jacket: You are probably wondering why you need a jacket when the weather is so hot. Denim jacket are great for layering especially when you are indoors and the room is slightly chilling due to the air condition. Also denim jacket can be worn beyond summer.
- White Tee: To say I am obsessed with white tee is an understatement. I am always stocking up of v-neck tee and round neck white tee. White tee go with everything. I will be sharing different ways to style white tee in the coming week on my YouTube channel.
- Sunglasses: Whether you like the round shaped sunglasses or the square version, everyone needs a pair of sunglass for sun protection.
- Hat: I am a big fan of hats from straw hats to fedoras and wide brim hats. I recently style this Lack of Color hat here and here.
- Denim skirt: I have always been reluctant to buy denim mini skirt until I came across this Madewell denim skirt. Love the distressed and relaxed style. If you are looking for ways to style it, check out my IGTV on Instagram for 7 Ways style denim skirt.
- Khaki shorts: If you are not a fan of denim shorts, go for khaki or linen shorts.
- White dress: Whether you like maxi and mini dresses, summer white dress is a must-have. I have previously worn white dresses on past posts here and here.
- Summer flats: Last week’s weekend finds and deals was all about summer flats. Check it out here. They are all under $100 as well.