As I look forward to celebrating mother’s day this year with Nolan and Nova. This year’s mother’s day is slightly different due to social distancing. But that’s not going to stop me from enjoying and cherishing the moment. Due to the current situation, a lot of mother’s day celebration ideas have to be virtual. With a few days to Mother’s Day, here are 7 virtual mother’s day ideas and gift ideas here.
7 Virtual Mother’s Day Ideas
- Breakfast in bed: who doesn’t want to be treated like royalty. Show up to her bedroom door with eggs, sausage, pancakes and her favorites. If you are not quarantining with your mom, send her a breakfast delivery from a local breakfast spot.
- Order Takeout: Order takeout from her favorite local restaurant.
- Setup Virtual Celebration: Set a zoom party/celebration with other mama friends and family.
- Backyard picnic: As the weather is warming up, take the advantage and set up a picnic area at your home backyard, patio or makeshift picnic indoors with snacks and take out from local restaurants. You can surprise your mom with a pre-packed picnic basket filled with her favorites and flowers.
- Watch A Mother-Daughter Movie: We have spent the last weeks indoors already binging on movies and shows on Netflix, Hulu and Disney. This is also a great time to enjoy some quality time while checking out these Mother-Daughter movie ideas: Little women. Netflix Party is a good way to watch a movie together virtually in real time.
- Virtual wine tasting: Pick out different red, white and rose wine and celebrate the day wine tasting. Wine is always a good idea!
- Decorate her door: You can decorate your mom’s door with a beautiful wreath if she lives nearby. You can also have a wreath delivered to her. Additionally, you can send her plants for her garden.