As tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day, there are so many things I am thankful for this year. Sharing five things I am thankful for this year. As I get older, I place more value in spending time with family and people that matter. It’s easy to get caught up in life and work; but it’s important to always make time for the ones you love.
There’s so much to be thankful for daily and this year and beyond I am thankful for these:
- I am THANKFUL for health: Having a family member diagnosed with Cancer, which was really a scary news make life a lot humbling. I am thankful that through that journey, our family is stronger. We are resilient!
- I am THANKFUL for my rainbow baby Nova. The past two years of going through pregnancy loss and then having a healthy makes me such much grateful. Nova has brought so much joy to our family. She truly completes our family.
- I am THANKFUL for my family and closed friends. I am blessed to have a wonderful husband, son, daughter, parents and in-laws. I am also grateful to have close knit friends who support me and are always there through this journey called life. Being able to spend quality time with the people you love is everything and more. For that, I am grateful.
- I am THANKFUL people that I have worked with and currently work with. Running a blog and brand takes a village and I am forever blessed to have a great team who believe in me and brands/PRs who trust me with each projects.
- I am THANKFUL for YOU. Yes, the person reading this. For everyone of you that have support me this year and beyond, I am thankful and appreciative.
For Thanksgiving dinner, tonight with friend. I will be wearing this ICON’s Closet ankara print pants. It’s a unique touch to a holiday Thanksgiving look. It can be dressed up or down in heels or flats. Throw on a coat for the cold weather. Love the print and the high-waist style! Perfect to conceal all the Thanksgiving foods I plan to eat. It can be worn beyond the holiday season.
What are you thankful for?
For Thanksgiving this year, we will be heading over to my parent’s house. My mom is the ultimate chef. I am really looking forward to all the food selections my mom is prepping…the Nigerian style ;). Make sure you check out my Instagram Story to see what she made and all the Nigerian dishes.
Before we head out to my mom’s for Thanksgiving dinner, we typically watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in the morning. It’s our fun little tradition. This year, Nolan is excited to watch the parade because his teacher has been talking about it. For me, I am looking for the seeing the Kalahari Resort float and TLC performing on their float.