Happy New Year! I hope it is not too late to say, but if it is, who created that rule? Well, not me. That means I am going by my own rules. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Now, we are back to the New Year, 2023. How exciting it is or how not exciting it is to resume back to work? While some of you are diving deep into the new year with your new year resolutions, let’s just ditch this year and resolve to simple 5 habits to get you through the new year and beyond. You know those tangible habits yet simple acts that will add value to your lifestyle. Not necessarily, those resolutions on how you will not drink alcohol for 30 days aka “Dry December”. Why the torture? What happens after 30 days?
Let’s start the new year by ditching all these “New Year, New Me” mantras. Like you really waited until December 31st at midnight to be a “New” person? What pressure! Rather than putting yourself through the pressure of trying to change suddenly at the beginning which ends up being thrown out the window a few weeks later, think of simple things that you already do but need to be consistent with to make it a lifestyle. Think of these habits that will get you through the new year. I will call it the starter kit.
Ditch the New Year Resolutions, Here’s 2023 Starters Kits and habits to get you through the new year with ease.
5 Habits to Get You Through the New Year
- Stay hydrated: Don’t forget to stay hydrated by drinking a lot of water throughout the day. One of my goals this year is to drink 1 liter of water a day. Stay away from sodas and high sugar contents. I personally notice how glowy my skin feels and looks when I am on top of my water drinking.
- Journal for 5mins: Before opening your phone or starting the day, take 5 minutes to journal about your feelings, write down what you are grateful for each day, reflect on the previous day, and what act of kindness you plan to pay it forward for the day.
- Walk for 10 mins: Go for a walk for a minimum of 10 mins. There’s no excuse not to walk. Skip the elevator and walk. Park your car a few blocks away and walk. You can even prolong that 10 mins walk into jogging or 15 minutes of exercise on certain days.
- Read more: Read to learn and entertain. There’s no limit to learning. The more you read, the more you learn and grow. Take some time at the beginning of your day or at the end of your day to unwind, relax and read a favorite book. Relax in your favorite pajamas or loungewear and read for a few minutes.
- Reward yourself the right way: This can be either taking a day off from work for your mental health
Very interested Content, it will help me indeeed. Thank you Stella