Any plans for New Year Eve celebration? If you are unsure what to do, here are 10 fun ways to celebrate New Year Eve at home. In just a few weeks, we will be ringing in the New Year. Are you as surprised as I am? I still can’t believe 2020 is almost over let alone 2021. With so much that has happened this year, I am sure some of you are ready for the new year and a fresh start. As the new year approaches, one is left to wonder how to celebrate knowing that this year’s celebration is so different due to the current pandemic. With the current state of the world, it is best to safely celebrate at home. There are so many ways you can celebrate at home. Below you will find 10 fun ways to celebrate New Year Eve at home.
For me, New Year’s Eve is usually spent with my family and kids at home before heading over to “crossover” midnight church service. With how things are going this year, my family and I will be spending New Year at home and I am determined to have fun with the kids. That’s why I have come up with fun activities that suit kids, couples or family celebrations.
New Year Eve celebrating is not canceled despite how different this year turned out to be. You can safely celebrate with loved ones at home by incorporating these activities…keep scrolling…
10 Fun Ways to Celebrate New Year Eve at Home
- Dress up: Just because you’re staying home this New Year Eve doesn’t mean you can’t dress up. Throw on your usual festive dress, makeup, statement earrings and celebrate all day. But if you decide to dress down, make it fun and memorable. You can go all out in your festive looks or wearing matching pajamas with your partner and family.
- Order a tasty dinner for New Year Eve dinner or also make a toast brunch in the morning. This is a great time to support your local restaurants.
- Play some New Year Eve Bingo and family board games: Gather all your favorite board games from Scrabble, Trouble game, Sorry game, Connect four,…the winner gets an extra appetizer.
- Go down memorial lane: All though it has been a tough year for a lot of us, this is a good time to reflect and go down memory lane. Look through old pictures with you family and kids and reminisce all stories behind each picture and moments
- Host a Zoom party with friends: who said Zoom parties are not fun? No one! Dress up and host a Zoom party with friends. Organizer games to play and shot to drink.
- Movies & Popcorn: Binge on your favorite shows, movies or watch new ones such as Undoing, 90 Days Fiancé, The Crown over matching pajamas. You can also use this time to watch home videos you have while you reminisce on those moments.
- Family scavenger hunt: this is a fun activity to do with the kids. Set up a scavenger hunt at home with clues and treasures. Have each person perform an activity when then find each clue or at each destination.
- Make a countdown gift bag: Set up different times after dinner at each hour to open a countdown gift bag. For example, these countdown gift openings can start at 7pm. At every hour until midnight, open a new bag. The bag can include simple/fun activities to do. This is a great way to keep kids and everyone excited and alert. Here are example of things to include in the bags:
- Bag 1: karaoke time: Have everyone sing or perform a favorite song
- Bag 2: randomly select a movie from the bag to watch
- Bag 3: Arts and craft
- Bag 4: Open a favorite candy
- Bag 5: Dessert time
- Watch the New Year Countdown: There are lots of New Year Countdown live shows on tv. I love watching the New York ball drop.
- Plan the New Year: While you have reflected on the past, it is time to plan for the new year. Bring out your calendar and plan out things for the new year from birthday celebrations, family vacation to anniversaries. Don’t forget to plan date nights.