Peplums will be a major trend this Fall/Winter. I am a big fan of peplums and how they accentuate the waist. Below are ways that I have styled my peplum tops in the past and also, some tips to consider when shopping or styling peplum pieces.
- Choose the right peplum for your body type. Make sure it does not sit too high or too low at the waist. It is best on the natural waistline because this will accentuate your curves while preventing your upper torso from looking shorter. For an hourglass look, wear peplums with fuller details.
- If you wear a fuller peplum on top, keep the bottom fitted and smooth.
- Also, consider the fit, texture and pattern when putting together peplum pieces.
- It is great to always pair peplum outfits with high-heeled shoes to give an appearance of a longer frame.
- When in doubt, peplum tops can perfectly be combined with pencil skirts, shorts or cigarette pants. For work, you can wear a peplum blouse with a midi skirt and tailored blazer for fall. Pair this outfit with pointy-toe pumps for a classy look.
Here are some peplums to consider...
Enjoy the rest of your day!